- Grace Oboba Edwin-Okon is a Nigerian actress/producer Delta State.
- She’s the former Miss Face of DELSU and the second runner-up in the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) in1999.
- Read also: Introducing former Miss Face of DELSU Grace Oboba Edwin-Okon.
- She’s the producer of the movie Heavy Beauty.
- Today Nollywoodgossip spoke with her on her venture into Nollywood.
By Joy Ubeku (Inside Nollywood With Joy).
Please tell us of your journey into movie making.
My journey into movies started right after I became the second runner up MBGN. Ayo Makun and Tyna Iruviere took me for a visit to Zeb Ejiro‘s office and he casually gave me a script to read. He liked my interpretation of the script and I landed a role in Tears in Heaven, which was back in 1999. But it was released in 2002, and thereafter, other jobs followed.
Tell us about your latest job.
My movie Heavy Beauty was written 5 years ago but was shot in April this year.
Who featured in the movie?
Denrele Edun, Karen Igho, Flowsick, Lepacious Bose, Oyekunle Oluwaremi, GUS winner 2010,
Uche Okoli, Reel Radio.
What’s the movie about?
The message behind Heavy Beauty is to advice teenagers in an informal way about the dangers of engaging in premarital sex and the problems negative peer pressure can give them.
Anything else you want to add?
My reason for taking the risk to work with new faces was because I needed to work with believable teenage looking cast, and I also wanted to give up comers the opportunity to showcase their talents the same way Zeb Ejiro gave me. Although challenges on set were numerous but God saw me through.
Nollywoodgossip wishes you the best.
Thanks for having me.