- Mary Uranta is a Nigerian actress from Opobo, Rivers State.
- She tells Nollywoodgossip: “My love for the industry started from childhood and the journey into the industry was not so hard.”
- She says: “It all started from Port Harcourt, but I actually passed through all stages of the industry.
- “From Port Harcourt to Enugu to Asaba to Owerri and finally, Lagos, and right now, Ghana.”
- She says: “It’s the role I played in the movie Secret Mission that’s still the most challenging.”
- She says: “I am a happy person with free spirit. My friends call me happy girl.”
- She says: “What I’m working on is hot. It’s not just the usual job. It’s a very big one. I’m proud to be part of it.”
By Evia Simon (Nollywood Gist With Evia).
Please kindly introduce yourself to our readers.
My Name is Mary Uranta, from Queens Town, Opobo, Rivers State.
Journey into acting.
My love for the industry started from childhood and the journey into the industry was not so hard. It all started from Port Harcourt, but I actually passed through all stages of the industry, from Port Harcourt to Enugu to Asaba to Owerri and finally, Lagos, and right now, Ghana.
Wow, So many challenges! Trying to break into an industry that has so many talents, losing weight to fit in was also not very easy.
Oh yes, been embarrassed so many times on set, at the airport, and anywhere I go. First of all, I think there’s a little hitch on my physical look and my screen looks. Most people tend not to recognize me a lot of times, because they always ask anybody around, is she the one? And when they are sure, they just dive you and like oh my God, you are so beautiful. You don’t look it on screen. And they start asking you a lot of questions about yourself or the industry.
Most challenging role.
It’s the role I played in the movie Secret Mission that’s still most challenging.
What people don’t know about me.
I am a happy person with free spirit. I’m 24 hours happy because nothing really gets to me. My friends call me happy girl. I really don’t know what people do not know about me, but one thing I know for sure is that people misjudge me and misunderstand. But those who are close to me know me to an extent.
Government and Nollywood?
I don’t wanna talk about government, because I don’t know. I don’t have proof. It has always been said that money has always been given to our executives. But for a physical thing I haven’t seen.
What I’m working on is hot. It’s not just the usual job. It’s a very big one. I’m proud to be part of it.
What should people expect from you this time?
People should expect so much from me, because this is just the beginning of the new me. I’m on a total package and I’m rebranding.
Words to your fans?
First of all, may God Almighty bless and keep them for me, and cause his light to shine upon them for choosing me and showing me love in this difficult industry. I love them hugely. Despite all my mistakes, they stood by me. And then my glory goes to God almighty for His grace and mercy upon me. I’ll continue to serve him till death. I wish Nollywood a big success. The name Nollywood shall remain forever.
Nollywoodgossip wishes you the best.