- Vinchy (real name Vincent Chinweike Okolie) is a Nigerian comedian and musician.
- He tells Nollywoodgossip: “I joined the group Vessels in school and in 2007 I dropped my first single Ekele, which was a major one for me at the time.”
- He says he has been doing comedy for 5 years now.
- He says: “Unlike most of my colleagues, I got endeared to the profession through music.”
- He says: “I am a songwriter and singer and in the course of my outings and events, I got to love comedy.”
- He says in three years’ time he should be out with his second music album and he should have a well-structured platform for event management.
- He says he’s currently working on his debut album and it is slated to drop anytime soon.
By Joy Ubeku (Inside Nollywood With Joy).
Tell us about yourself?
My name is Vincent Chinweike Okolie aka Vinchy. I’m a Nigerian songwriter, singer and businessman. I was born in Benin City in Nigeria on the 15th April to a family of six. I attended Regina Mundi Nursery and Primary School and DPPS High School Delta state. I schooled at Rivers State College of Arts and Science in Port Harcourt. I joined the group Vessels in school and in 2007 I dropped my first single Ekele, which was a major one for me at the time. I obtained a degree in Accounting from Madonna University in 2009. And now I am a gospel artist, MC/Compere, radio presenter and businessman.
How long have you been doing comedy?
Five years now.
Unlike most of my colleagues, I got endeared to the profession through music. I am a songwriter and singer and in the course of my outings and events, I got to love comedy. And from anchoring little events, I saw myself hosting major events, radio shows, and it’s been beautiful.
The works of others great Arts
Where do you see yourself in the next 3 years?
I should be out with my second music album and I should have a well-structured platform for event management.
The birth of Nifty Chops records that I’m a co-founder with Mr Tejiri Oharisi (Pro Tjay) and the completion of the Vinchy Levitation album.
I like beauty and simplicity. I like children, good music and food (Banga soup and fresh fish) lol.
I don’t get along with smoking, drinking and lying. I hate living a false life.
What you working on at the moment?
My debut album and it is slated to drop anytime soon. Its cuts across genres like Afrocentric rock, rnb, inspirational. I’m working with very good hands on the videos and some hits like Helper, Ekele and Onye Oshi are already gaining wide acceptance and airplay and downloads on online stores, as well as on social networks. It’s more like a major break for me and it has kept me on my toes for months.
Nollywoodgossip wish you the best.
Thanks for having me.